Monday, October 3, 2011

Work In Progress Gun

Now this gun should turn out awesome. I am really excited to start this one. Like I said in my last post, when I start a gun, I always make sure to find the body, barrel, and the handle first. This will allow for everyone to get a good peek into how I begin a project. So without further ado, my work in progress gun.
It's pretty obvious that this is the body. The problem with this one is that it is heavy...and thick. The metal is so solid that I am afraid that drilling will be a problem. However, with the titanium drill bits, I should be fine. I really like the four holes in the back. It has that awesome "retro" look to it.
The barrel is really something to get excited about. It is partially see through because of the wiring. Originally, I was just going to leave it as is. After a bit of thinking, though, I decided that it would not look quite accurate if there was no "raygun mechanics" exposed. So the coil will act as an "electrifier" of some sort and the barrel on the inside is the...well....actual barrel.

This handle is more retro than the body. I am the most excited about the handle than any other aspect of this gun. It required quite a bit of modification, however. Grinding, clipping, tearing, etc. Whatever it took to get the perfect handle. It was previously a water hose nozzle and now it is what makes this gun so destructive.
And finally, the robot. I haven't made a whole lot of progress since the last post except for the newest arm. A slow process, but it will get there!

1 comment: